5 Ways to reach a Healthy Weight
When it comes to losing weight, healthy eating, is essential to losing weight. People typically say that they are on a “Diet”, but Diets are not going to give you permanent satisfaction. A diet is a temporary change in ones eating patterns, typically eating healthier foods with smaller portions. Most of if not all of the weight loss will be gained back as soon as the “Diet” ends, and the dieter starts eating with old habits.
So what’s the best way to drop that excess weight?
Weight loss is more likely to be successful when people start thinking of changing their eating habits permanently rather than going on a temporary Diet. Here are 5 Ways in changing old, unhealthy habits into new healthy behaviors.
- Physical activity: Physical activity burns calories and builds muscle, both of which will help you look and feel great. Simple activities such as riding a bicycle to and from work/school, walking your dog, or going on a nice romantic walk with your partner. There are many little activities that can help your daily level of activity. The key is to start small, and slowly increase your intensity, time and frequency, and you will be able to burn more and more fat. Adding strength training into your regiment, will increase the amount of muscle mass, and as you may know, the more muscle you have the more your body burns calories naturally.
- Reduce “Browsing Time”:A reason why some people get less exercise or have “No” time to exercise, is the amount of time in front of the computer, phone or television. The amount of time the average person plays a video games, flash game, scrolls the web, browse the net, watching T.V, scanning, messaging or searching through someone’s Facebook or other social network is unbarring. There is more exercise shopping at the local outlet with your friends or going pumpkin picking in the fall then texting on your couch. Try to limit your technology time, and you will see how much extra free time you will have.
- Portion yourself: Portions are bigger than they once were. The sizes are becoming larger and larger, meaning that each portion has more and more calories. Another key factor to weight gain, is the sugars inside these sodas, juices and even sport drinks. Try drinking sugar free juices (Beware of other ingredients), Water or even Low-fat Milk instead of the Sodas.
- Fruits: Fruits and Veggies are packed with vitamins and minerals to help aid fat loss and muscle gain. One key nutritional value in these Fruits and Veggies are the quality of fiber. These fibers will fill you up, and can help as a snack so you don’t over eat and stay full longer.
- Breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When you eat breakfast you kick-start your metabolism, causing your body to start burning calories. The nutrition from Breakfast will increase the amount of energy you have throughout the day. People who skip breakfast will often feel so hungry later on in the day, causing them to binge eat. Binge eating is highly unhealthy and it is recommended to eat five (5) to six (6) small meals a day.